Archive

15 Mar

Tennis in Liepaja gained special popularity in the 1930s

In the 1930s, tennis courts were located in four districts of the city – between the cycle track and stadium “Olimpija” – 3 courts, in Dzintaru street was located German tennis club, in Naval port (Karosta) was an army sports club, which included tennis club. The most popular tennis courts were located in Jūrmalas parks […]

READ MORE

1 Jan

In 1926, active Liepaja tennis players with the support of the German brothers Lasmanis establishes Liepaja Tennis Club

READ MORE

1 Jan

Liepaja tennis courts in 1917

READ MORE

1 Jan

Newspapers in St. Petersburg, the capital of the Tsarist Russia, report that in 1906 in Liepaja people began to play tennis

READ MORE