Sporta ētika atspoguļo treneru, sporta darbinieku un sportistu morālos principus, kas nosaka, kas ir slikts, un dod ieteikumus, kādiem jābūt sportā iesaistītiem cilvēkiem, lai viņi būtu labi un atzīti.
Sports Ethics reflects the coaches, athletic staff and athletes moral principles that determine what is bad, and make recommendations, how persons involved in the sport should be, so they would be good and recognized.
ATHLETES CODE OF ETHICS:
- Play according to the rules!
- Never argue with a referee. If you do not agree the referee’s decision, captain, coach or manager can approach the judge at the intermission or after the game!
- Restrain yourself! The insulting or provoking of referee, or an opponent is neither allowed nor tolerated.
- Practice equally as good on your own, as well as a team. It will benefit your team, and it will benefit you too.
- Support a good sport! Applauding all good performances and results, regardless of whether it is provided by your team or an opponent.
- Treat all your sports mates as you want them to treat you!
- Don’t cheat and does use other members unfair!
- Collaborate with your coach, team and opponents! Without them, there won’t be any competition.
- Participate for your benefit and fun, not trying to impress coach or parents!
- Respect the rights of other members, regardless of their abilities, performance, gender and membership of a particular culture or religion.
PARENTS CODE OF ETHICS:
- Remember that children participate in sports for own not your pleasure!
- Encourage your child to participate in sports, but do not insist!
- Focus on the child’s contribution and achievements, than on his/her win or loss!
- Encourage children to play always according to the rules, and to solve conflicts without violence!
- Never criticize nor shout to the child, if he/she has committed a mistake or losing at competition!
- Remember – children better are learning from examples. Rate the all players performances and good game!
- Support exclusion of the sport of all possible verbal and physical humiliation!
- Respect the referee decisions and teach children to do the same!
- Estimate the work of volunteer coaches, referees and organizers – without them your child could not participate at competitions!
- Respect each human rights, justice, regardless of his performance, gender and membership of a particular culture or religion!
COACHES CODE OF ETHICS:
- Remember that young people take part in competitions for fun and winning is only part of it!
- Never judge and criticize the athletes for mistakes or the fact that he was not the first!
- Be reasonable in your claims against the athlete’s time, energy and enthusiasm!
- Work in accordance with the rules and the spirit of sportsmanship, teach your students the same!
- Make sure that the in the time that athletes spend with you, they have a positive experience! All young people deserve the same amount of attention and opportunities!
- Avoid to overload the talented athletes!
- Make sure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards in accordance with the age and abilities of athlete’s!
- Show calm temper, dignity and professionalism to everyone involved in the sports! That includes opponents, coaches, referees, organizers, media, parents and spectators. Encourage your athletes to do the same!
- Show your care and attention to the ill and injured athletes! Listen to advice of doctors on the athlete’s readiness to train or compete!
- Get adequate qualification and follow up with the latest training methods and development principles of different ages!
- Respect each human rights and values, in spite of his ability, membership of a particular religion and gender!
- Give the code of conduct to spectators, referees, parents, coaches, players, media and encourage them to follow it!
- Remember that you set the example! Your behavior and comments should be positive and appropriate!
REFEREES CODE OF ETHICS:
- Develop rules for the level of skills and needs!
- Praise and encourage all the participants!
- Be objective and straight in making decisions!
- Do not support unsporting behavior, but promote respect among opponents!
- Include in yourself the spirit of game, not suspension and mistakes!
- Be yourself a good sportsman! Actions speak louder than words!
- Follow the news in refereeing and the principles of youth expressions!
- Remember that you are showing an example! Your behavior and comments should be positive and supportive!
- Keep the well-being and safety of participants above all! Be fair to all participants, regardless of their race, gender and belonging to a particular religion.