Tennis in Liepaja gained special popularity in the 1930s

In the 1930s, tennis courts were located in four districts of the city – between the cycle track and stadium “Olimpija” – 3 courts, in Dzintaru street was located German tennis club, in Naval port (Karosta) was an army sports club, which included tennis club. The most popular tennis courts were located in Jūrmalas parks (Seaside park), which were created in 1910. Three of the courts belonged to European society.

After the World war II tennis in Liepaja was only in memories.